NATIONAL BANK OF ANDERSON
Downtown, Anderson, SC
Signficant Architectural Features:
2 story brick Italianate structure features a bracketed cornice and paired arched windows with hoodmoldings. Alterations been made to both the windows and door of the first floor, and a large addition to the corner was built in the 1940s. OUTBUILDINGS:
Building was constructed ca. 1883 to house the Anderson National Bank, the first bank organized in Anderson (ca. 1873). Now occupied by Kell-Brooks.
Source of Historical Information:
See NR info.
Anderson - City, 1971 and 1978
Box 14, Series 108042, Survey of historic resources (county by county data on surface properties), circa 1971-2014