220 East Morris Street, Anderson, SC
Signficant Architectural Features:
1 story wooden frame structure with gable roof and central gable. Front facade "ABA" with single door door with transom and sideliqhts surrounded by twin windows with louvered shutters. 2 interior chimneys. OUTBUILDINGS:
A "Columbia cottage" this home was erected ca. 1851 and in 1853 became the home of Dr. William B. Johnson. He was president of the female academy, later to become Johnson University, of which he was chancellor. Long a Baptist leader, he was the first president of the Southern Baptist Convention.
Source of Historical Information:
See NR info.
Anderson - City, 1971 and 1978
Box 14, Series 108042, Survey of historic resources (county by county data on surface properties), circa 1971-2014