6719 US 76, Laurens, SC (Laurens County)
October 29 2001
Historic Core Shape:
Number of Stories:
Exterior Walls Materials:
National Register Determination:
determined eligible/owner objection;
Signficant Architectural Features:
The house has a double front door with side lights and a transom. There are six over six windows on the second floor, and four over four windows on the first floor. There are two exterior end chimneys. On an adjacent garage, there are two decorative gutter drains with "1869," similar to others seen on the main house façade. A L-shaped caretaker's house to the east has six over six windows, a side gable aluminum roof, weatherboard, and one exterior end chimney.
The house was moved from the corner of Dials Church Rd. in the 1940-1949. A new brick foundation and new brick chimneys were added at that time.
Formerly the residence of Dr. Albert Dial, who used the property as a cotton plantation. Corn and potatoes were also grown.
Source of Historical Information:
Lee Boone, current property owner