William McLeod House

Historic Property
Alternate Name:
[unknown]
Street Address:
207 Seabrook Dr.;(Beaufort County)

Site Number:
470-248.02
Control Number:
U/13/470-248.02
Tax Number:
R100 012 000 010A 0000
Date Surveyed:
February 12 1997
Category:
Building
Construction Date:
circa 1905
Historic Core Shape:
Irregular
Number of Stories:
1.5
Construction Method:
frame
Roof Shape:
hip
Porch Width:
set in front corner
Signficant Architectural Features:
Now irregular roofline; cross gable come out from rear right. Enclosed porch set in corner on front right.
Historical Information:
The McLeod farm was one of the most important of the rapid increase of truck farms throughout the South Carolina Lowcountry, and is one of the best extant examples of a turn of the century truck farms in the state. The farm began in 1884 when William H.
Source of Historical Information:
Claude McLeod, current owner; Natalie Harvey, NRHP nomination, 1996.
Quadrangle Name:
Sheldon