corner of East Franklin & Manning St., Anderson, SC
Signficant Architectural Features:
2 story wooden clapboard structure. Asymmetrical roof plan. Front facade with 1 story porch with turned balustrade and supported by Doric columns. Porch wraps around part of side facades. Second story bay with gable roof and fishscale shingles and decorative woodwork. At least 2 interior chimneys. OUTBUILDINGS:
This house, called "The Cottage," was built ca. 1880 by Elijah Webb Brown and given to his daughter Hattie Brown and her husband Samuel Davis Brownlee as a wedding gift. Elizah Webb Brown Jr. moved into the house in 1898. His son George William Brown occupied the house until recent years.
Source of Historical Information:
See NR into.
Anderson - City, 1971 and 1978
Box 14, Series 108042, Survey of historic resources (county by county data on surface properties), circa 1971-2014