Tucker, George House
Tuckertown Rd., E side, approx. 2 3/4 mi. N of int. w/ St. Luke's Rd., Tuckertown SC (Union County)
January 11 2005
Vacant/Not In Use
Historic Core Shape:
Number of Stories:
Exterior Walls Materials:
raised seam aluminum
National Register Determination:
Signficant Architectural Features:
The home has two exterior end chimneys, nine-over-nine double hung sash windows, double entry doors with sidelights and transom, one- shed rooms on the side elevations.
The home was constructed by George Tucker in 1836 and originally had a wide porch that wrapped to three sides of the home. The interior has large, hand hewn beams along the ceiling. The surrounding community is called Tuckertown after George Tucker.
Source of Historical Information:
Catawba Regional Planning Council. Historic Sites Survey, Union County. November 1976. pp. 38-39.