Padgetts Creek Baptist Church
Old Buncombe Rd., E side, approx. 1 mi. N of int. w/ Prospect Corner Rd., SC (Union County)
December 13 2004
Historic Core Shape:
Number of Stories:
Exterior Walls Materials:
National Register Determination:
Signficant Architectural Features:
The building has a gable porch above the main entry supported with four Doric columns, a bell tower sits above the entry, the first has nine-over-nine windows and the second has nine-over-six double hung sash windows.
The front section of the building appears to be an addition to the main core of the building.
The church was founded in 1784 by Reverends John Webb & John Cole with Barnet Putman & William Willbanks, Sr. as the first deacons. It was originally known as the Church of Christ of Tyger River, it was renamed in 1800
Source of Historical Information:
Historical Marker 44-9