4 South Battery, Charleston, South Carolina (Charleston County)
Site card S108042000400211000
Number of Stories:
Exterior Walls Materials:
Signficant Architectural Features:
Early 20th century.;Built in 1895 by Andrew Simonds, it is known as the "Villa Margherita" and is a variation of the Chicago Exposition Style, combining several earlier period fashions. After 1905, the house became a favorite winter hostelry of wealthy northerners who either were vacationing in South Carolina or on their way to Florida. Today the house is again a private residence.
Historic Charleston Foundation Survey 1972
Box 4, Series 108042, Survey of historic resources (county by county data on surface properties), circa 1971-2014