37 Meeting Street
Site card S108042000300176000
Architect or Builder:
Exterior Walls Materials:
Signficant Architectural Features:
The famous General and ladies man of the Confederacy, P.G.T. Beauregard once lived in the house. The house is perhaps more well known because of the twin bay windows which curve out symmetrically from each side of the massive entrance. The house is of stucco over a solid brick wall almost 2 feet thick. Built by James Simmons in 1760, the house was later owned by Governor Robert Gibbes.
Historic Charleston Foundation Survey 1972
Box 3, Series 108042, Survey of historic resources (county by county data on surface properties), circa 1971-2014