Old Armory, Maintenance Shop
1 Dozier Dr., Seneca, SC
Old Seneca Armory Site Card
November 1 2000
Historic Core Shape:
Number of Stories:
Exterior Walls Materials:
National Register Determination:
Signficant Architectural Features:
Four large vehicle bay doors, all windows are two-over-two metal casement with a six-over-six metal overlay. Six windows on west elevation, nine on rear elevation, and two windows on east elevation. Brick chimney stack.
Hole cut for air conditioner in east elevation.
14 April 1947, no facility available; land deeded from town of Seneca to State of South Carolina in fee simple. A concrete strong room and supply room was to be constructed within two weeks (now the Blue Block Building) until a larger armory could be completed at the site (this building). Property to be surrounded by cyclone fence and have storage room before any vehicles are delivered to the unit.
Source of Historical Information:
Memo from SC Military Department in the unit history file, Seneca Armory.