Blue Lodge No. 142

Historic Property
Alternate Name:
[unknown]
Street Address:
.2 miles W of the intersection of Gaddy's Mill Rd & Piney Grove Rd;(Dillon County)

Site Number:
395
Control Number:
U/33/395
Date Surveyed:
June 4 2008
Category:
Building
Construction Date:
1892
Historic Use:
Social
Current Use:
Social
Historic Core Shape:
Rectangular
Architect or Builder:
unknown
Number of Stories:
1
Construction Method:
frame
Exterior Walls Materials:
Synthetic Siding
Foundation Materials:
Raised Basement
Roof Shape:
front gable
Roof Materials:
composite shingle
Porch Width:
full fa├žade
Porch Shape:
engaged
National Register Determination:
not eligible
Signficant Architectural Features:
6/6 double-hung windows, portico w/columns
Historical Information:
By 1872 a building at the site served Union United Methodist Church congregation and the Masons. In 1892, their own lodge was built behind the church.
Source of Historical Information:
Stokes- The History of Dillon County, South Carolina
Quadrangle Name:
Gaddysville

Related place
Dillon County