Lake View United Methodist Church
203 West 3rd Avenue;(Dillon County)
June 3 2008
Historic Core Shape:
Architect or Builder:
Number of Stories:
Exterior Walls Materials:
National Register Determination:
Signficant Architectural Features:
steeple, portico w/ionic fluted columns, decorative door surround, arched stained glass windows, fanlight in pediment, paneled double doors
side addition w/entry & wrought-iron porch supports
Originated as a Sunday school in 1903. After a number of name changes, the church was renamed Lake View in 1916, when the town's name changed. In 1950 the current brick building replaced the prior frame structure and the addition of a front porch and steeple gave the building the distinction of being the only church in town with a steeple. In 1963, extensive repaired were necessary because of fire damage & there has been considerable remodeling of the structure.
Source of Historical Information:
Stokes; The History of Dillon County South Carolina.