Iva Drug Store
E corner of int. of E Broad St. and E Front St.;(Anderson County)
April 8 2002
Vacant/Not In Use
National Register Determination:
Signficant Architectural Features:
The two-story rectangular brick building has arched windows surrounds with paired one-over-one windows with transoms, brick quoining and heavy dentals on the cornice, a flared roof and recessed storefront. The window openings on the first floor are covered with boards and a hip awning has been added on the first story.
The Iva Drug Store was first opened by Dr. Ernest Watson. He sold the business in 1912 to Dr. Charles D. Evans. Evans later moved the business to a different location. The second floor of the building was used as physicians' offices.
Source of Historical Information:
REVIVA, "Around Iva," Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing Co., 2000.