CHARLIE BRANT HOUSE
Baynard Connelly House
ca. 3 miles from Ulmer, Ulmer vicinity
May 22 1980
Architect or Builder:
Signficant Architectural Features:
2 story frame structure featuring front pedimented portico with upper vent. Portico is supported by 4 new fluted columns. Front central entranceway is single door with sidelights and transom flanked by twin windows. Gabled roof with boxed cornice. 12 x 12 hand-hewn beams visible in attic. 2 modern external chimneys. OUTBUILDINGS:
1954: House lowered and plumbing installed. 1970s: Interior completely redone. Stairway removed.
Carpenter who built the Brant House also built 3 others in the Ulmer vicinity. The house was built and owned by Charlie Brant and later purchased by W. Harter Connelly. The home was next owned by the parents of the present Robert Connelly. It is the oldest house in the area although it is extremely altered.
Allendale County, 1979-1980
Box 13, Series 108042, Survey of historic resources (county by county data on surface properties), circa 1971-2014