Martin House

Historic Property
Alternate Name:
Unknown
Street Address:
309 Bramlett Church Rd., Martin Crossroads, SC (Laurens County)

Site Number:
0178
Control Number:
U/59/0178
Date Surveyed:
October 17 2001
Construction Date:
1854
Historic Use:
Residential/Domestic
Current Use:
Residential/Domestic
Historic Core Shape:
L
Number of Stories:
2
Construction Method:
frame
Exterior Walls Materials:
Synthetic Siding
Foundation Materials:
Stone Piers
Roof Shape:
gable, lateral
Roof Materials:
aluminum
Porch Width:
full fa├žade
Porch Shape:
shed
National Register Determination:
eligible;
Signficant Architectural Features:
The six over six windows are flanked with thin sidelights, the porch has two downspouts, one that reads "1854" and another "Martin." There are two gable end chimneys. The porch columns are square and fluted.
Alterations:
The top of one chimney has been rebuilt, aluminum siding has been added to the exterior.
Historical Information:
The Martin Family immigrated from Ireland in the early nineteenth century. The family originally settled in Hickory Tavern but later received a land grant for 1200 acres just northeast of Hickory Tavern.
Source of Historical Information:
Marion Mahon 17 October 2001
Quadrangle Name:
Woodruff

Related place
Laurens County