92 Wentworth Street, Charleston, South Carolina (Charleston County)
Site card for S108042000500031000
Number of Stories:
Exterior Walls Materials:
Signficant Architectural Features:
Victorian. The house stands on part of the extensive Glebe Lands and was built probably as an investment by St. Philips Church. The house was purchased in 1881 by J.S. Schermir and he renovated the house and gave it the Victorian exterior. The piazza side formerly faced the street but the new owner turned the house 90 degrees to the west and brought the south end flush with the street. The interior was left very much as it was in the 1850's.
Historic Charleston Foundation Survey 1972
Box 5, Series 108042, Survey of historic resources (county by county data on surface properties), circa 1971-2014