2236 Sailing Club Ln
November 14 2001
1917 – 1920
Architect or Builder:
Hardaway Contracting Co. - builder
National Register Determination:
Signficant Architectural Features:
Total length of dam is 3,380 feet including powerhouse (587 feet) and overflow spillway (1,431 feet). Dam was raised 6 feet in 1925.Criterion C (Engineering)
Commercial operation began 10/7/1919. Wateree Power Co. Incorporated in 1909 and became part of Duke Power Co. in 1924.
Source of Historical Information:
Duke Power Co., Charlotte N.C., Oct 27, 1976 letter to Camden Archives.